Find race results, starting grids, qualifying results (from 1983 onwards), post-race championship standings, and milestones for every Italian Grand Prix held.
Wins by grid position
Below are the grid positions of every race winner at the Italian Grand Prix and the number of wins per position.
For more information see Italian Grand Prix race winners.
The following drivers and constructors won their first F1 race at the Italian Grand Prix.
|Phil Hill (Ferrari)||1960|
|Jackie Stewart (BRM)||1965|
|Ludovico Scarfiotti (Ferrari)||1966|
|Clay Regazzoni (Ferrari)||1970|
|Peter Gethin (BRM)||1971|
|Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams)||2001|
|Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso)||2008|
|Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri)||2020|
|Maserati (Juan Manuel Fangio)||1953|
|Toro Rosso (Sebastian Vettel)||2008|
|AlphaTauri (Pierre Gasly)||2020|
The Italian Grand Prix has hosted the following championship title deciders:
- 1950: Giuseppe Farina (1st title)
- 1956: Juan Manuel Fangio (4th title)
- 1961: Phil Hill (1st title)
- 1963: Jim Clark (1st title)
- 1966: Jack Brabham (3rd title)
- 1969: Jackie Stewart (1st title)
- 1972: Emerson Fittipaldi (1st title)
- 1973: Jackie Stewart (3rd title)
- 1975: Niki Lauda (1st title)
- 1978: Mario Andretti (1st title)
- 1979: Jody Scheckter (1st title)